Wednesday, September 22, 2010

walking & talking

My husband and I have been taking a walk every morning this week, so far.  It is really nice.  We get almost an hour of uninterrupted time together.  Besides the health benefits, we have lovely conversation.  It's been a bit chilly but by the time we are finished we are warmed up and ready to take on the day.
It's so important for couples to be intentional about their relationship.  Otherwise it is too easy to let it just slip away.  I could choose to sleep in longer, yes.  The trade off is not as rewarding though.  I really value the time I have with my husband.  He is home most days because he does not work a traditional 9-5 job.  That does not  mean though, that our time is not divided.  

We still must put in the effort to be intentional and lovely to each other. Walking together gets the blood pumping, wakes us up and another unexpected perk are the other people you run into.  There are lots of people in the neighborhood who apparently, wake up and take walks.  After a few days, we've noticed some regulars. Now, isn't that a lovely way to get to know your neighbors?

This morning was extra nice because upon our return home, my husband started breakfast for he and I, as I started the ktbunch on their school work.

Starting the day with intentional spousal attention, really sets the tone for the day.  Making your spouse a priority, is a lovely priority to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.