Wednesday, November 23, 2011
I have so much to be thankful for in my life. In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday I will list a few.
1. my home
2. my family
3. cheap rent
5. the opportunity to return to school
6. fabulous professors
7. meeting new classmates
8. the gift of resourcefulness
9. a humorous family
10. the ability to laugh at myself
11. the boots I scored from the thrift store
12. my juicer
13. cheap socks
14. friends in time of need
15. friends in times of joy
16. my one year Bible
17. the gift of a harmonious spirit
19. my running shoes
20. my bike
23. and the ability to use them
25. knowing how to crochet
28. knowing how to sew
29. everything within walking distance
31. my dryer
32. wash and wear hair
33. my serger
34. wonderful childhood memories
36. good health
37. a name that means purity
38. my daughter, who grows more beautiful every day
39. children who love each other
40. a family that enjoys being together
41. quiet moments
42. tea time
43. my dining chairs
44. the internet
45. access to information
46. my bed
47. the public library
49. the miniature roses in my garden
50. monarch butterflies in my back yard
51. surprise babies
52. baby curls
55. towels warm from the dryer
57. hard times that show me how much I have
60. brother & sisters in Christ
61. others who passionately serve
62. good dreams
63. restful sleep
64. rocking horses
65. my sewing machine
66. my crochet needles
67. bell peppers
68. access to clean drinking water
69. indoor plumbing
70. fresh fruits and vegetables
71. my apple tree
72. road trips
73. pleasant memories
74. world maps
75. ikea storage furniture
76. the joy of the Lord
77. clean towels
78. my husband-whom I love dearly
79. answered prayers
81. milk chocolate chips
82. my grandma
83. my brothers
84. having amazing sister-in-laws
86. Valentine's Day
87. God's word
88. people who have taught me how to pray
89. youth leaders
90. free furniture
91. my mini-van
92. gas money
93. oops paint
94. knee socks
95. home made quilts
98. the colors of Fall leaves
99. a healthy heart
100. cinnamon scented pine cones
Mostly I am grateful for the grace of God that is shown in my life daily by all the blessings I have been given.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
My garden is still blooming nicely in spots. The miniature roses always bring a smile to my face. They are like a nice surprise when they rebloom. They are like a little glimpse of sunshine when the night falls faster for Autumn.
Yellow and fuscia bring a nice contrast to the green leaves.
The colors are lovely too. Aren't they
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Inspired by something I saw on Pinterest, I baked eggs in a cupcake tin for breakfast! It's super easy & makes an easy breakfast to eat. Great for on the go.
Spray tins with non-stick cooking spray OR butter.
Flatten bread & place in bottom of tin. I cut bread into a flower shape with a cookie cutter.
Crack and empty an egg in tin over bread.
Top with pre-cooked slice of bacon. Season to taste.
Bake @ 350 for about 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.
Next time, instead of bread (& bacon), I will use a slice of ham! That makes this dish even simpler. Place a slice of ham in muffin tin before egg, top with cheese and/or vegetables like an omelet too! I've even seen some with hashbrowns...the possibilities are endless.
This makes a great easy to eat food for toddlers too. (they can eat it like a cupcake!)
Don't skimp on a lovely start to your day.