Friday, July 29, 2011
The Mr. took this shot one evening before we picked up oldest from the art studio. For some reason we were early and it was just the three of us, the Mr, myself and the littlest. We stopped for a burger then took a walk near down the street from the studio, while we were waiting.
We ended up at Colorado Lagoon, which we'd never been to before. There was a little bridge over the water. We crossed over and littlest really liked it. I put him on my back on the way back and he really liked that too. That's when the Mr. captured this moment.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
The Mr. and I finally discovered where this bike trail was yesterday and took it. It's absolutely lovely and I knew the ktbunch would like it too. I took them along it today and they loved it. It's so nice. It smells wonderful, there are lots of birds, flowers, herbs, shrubs and trees. It's a short dirt trail with a few benches along the way. It beats the asphalt river bed though.
I think I might take that trail when I begin biking to school next semester, even if it is longer...The scenic view is always a lovely choice.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Every year I create a garden in an attempt to beautify my surroundings and produce some edible produce. As every seasoned gardener knows....it's a trial and error process.
Songs of Solomon 2:12
Here is a glimpse of a few of the better looking spots around the front of my home.
From left to right:
1.a bundle of herbs replanted from an herb bowl my brother gifted me last year: chives, marjoram, rosemary mint and some parsely that has run it's season.
2. vibrant orange flowers planted from seeds from my neighbor's garden.
3.potential tomatoes. I have 3 tomatoe plants this year and these are under my kitchen window, which happens to produce the lushest garden this year.
1. mums, returning blooms from last year.
2. one of my 4 beds on the opposite side of my house. Lots of marigolds, basil, tomato, bell pepper and sunflowers in this bed.
3. 3 different roses in a large pot next to my porch. The tiny one on the left is my favorite because of it's variegated red and orange coloring.
1. baby's breathe, I love their sweet fragrance that is especially strong in the evening.
2. zinnias just starting to bloom. These were replanted from small pots my kiddos planted and gifted to me on Mother's Day.
Having a garden, of any sort is a lovely addition to any home, no matter how large or small.
Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land.
Songs of Solomon 2:12