Monday, September 27, 2010

sidewalk chalk, owls and birthdays

It's such a pleasure when I am able to witness my children excel at something they love.  My kiddos were involved in a local community event on Saturday.  They entered a side walk chalk art contest. They were the only entries but they had prepared for weeks in advance to produce a design that matched the theme: Good Neighbors, Strong Community.

The annual event is called the Good Neighbor Festival.  Isn't that a lovely name for an event?  The weather was very warm but it was tolerable since the company was so pleasant. Oldest design was chosen but everyone received a very nice prize.

Before that my oldest middle had his first football game of the season.  Last minute of the game, he intercepted the ball, ran down the field, to score the tie breaking goal and win the game for his team! He loves sports and I  enjoy watching him, enjoy playing.

Afterward we went to the drive-in to celebrate. We invited friends and enjoyed a family friendly movie. (The Legend of the Guardians: the Owls of  Ga'hoole)  We hadn't been for awhile and it was so enjoyable to not be freezing, but rather, comfortably warm.  We take the back seat out of the adventure-van.  The middles hang out in the back and my husband and I sit on the car bench seat on the asphalt.

After that it was off to join a party already in progress, to celebrate a few birthdays. We were fashionably late but it was ok and we still had fun.

All day all I could think was how awesome my life is. I have a lovely family with talented children.  We have fun together.  We support each other.  When we really take a look around us, there is so much to be thankful for, on a daily basis.

I can't think of a more lovely way to have enjoyed a Saturday. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.