Tuesday, August 31, 2010

tea time

I forget how lovely it is to sit a spell and have some tea. Real tea, not iced tea you drink from a cup with a straw. ;-)

My middles also love to enjoy a cup of warm tea. My teenager has now jumped on the bandwagon too.  I am going to start 'tea time' up regularly again with my middles, especially.  We use real tea cups, maybe pull out a few finger snacks or sliced fruit, cheese and crackers, whatever is on hand.

It doesn't really matter.  The real treasure is the time.  Taking time to sit together and enjoy each other while just being.  You don't rush.  I like to think that is why the tea is hot, you can't rush to drink a hot cup of tea, right? Conversation can flow freely or it can be a quiet time of listening to some poetry being read.  I like to put on classical music.  Anything that can set the time apart from the ordinary. If I am really on top of things, I will arrange the little snacks on a tiered rack. 

These little touches are sweet and make the moments feel extra special.  I also like to enjoy a spot of tea at the end of the day. It's nice to sit and enjoy a movie with my husband, cozy on the couch with a warm mug of tea in my hand. Or have a cup of tea keep me company while I sit at the dining table and do some writing.

It reminds me to slow down, take my time, relax and just be. Just be...present.  Just...be lovely.

A lovely cup of tea can warm even the hardest of hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.