Wednesday, July 6, 2011

garden tour

 Every year I create a garden in an attempt to beautify my surroundings and produce some edible produce. As every seasoned gardener knows....it's a trial and error process. 

Here is a glimpse of a few of the better looking spots around the front of my home.

From left to right:
TOP ROW
1.a bundle of herbs replanted from an herb bowl my brother gifted me last year: chives, marjoram, rosemary mint and some parsely that has run it's season.

2. vibrant orange flowers planted from seeds from my neighbor's garden.
3.potential tomatoes. I have 3 tomatoe plants this year and these are under my kitchen window, which happens to produce the lushest garden this year.

MIDDLE ROW
1. mums, returning blooms from last year.

2. one of my 4 beds on the opposite side of my house. Lots of marigolds, basil, tomato, bell pepper and sunflowers in this bed.

3. 3 different roses in a large pot next to my porch. The tiny one on the left is my favorite because of it's variegated red and orange coloring.

BOTTOM ROW
1. baby's breathe, I love their sweet fragrance that is especially strong in the evening.

2. zinnias just starting to bloom. These were replanted from small pots my kiddos planted and gifted to me on Mother's Day.

Having a garden, of any sort is a lovely addition to any home, no matter how large or small.

Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. 
Songs of Solomon 2:12



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.