Monday, February 14, 2011

valentine's



Valentine's is my most favorite day of the year.  Budgets are always a challenge though, aren't they?  To combat that challenge we made dinner at home.  I simply purchased some frozen bread dough (home made would have been cheaper but I was unprepared) and after it thawed, I rolled it out and cut it into heart shaped pieces.  Everyone was involved in creating their own personalized pizza.  We even cut the pepperonis into heart shaped pieces!  It was a big hit and my kiddos are asking for the same thing tomorrow night.


I love decorating cupcakes! It's so easy to make that small cake look impressive, even for the novice.  I did use a boxed cake mix this time but I made the icing from scratch---oh it was super yummy too!  I usually purchase my cupcake sprinkles after major holidays to get that clearance price, so I have quite a collection.  I have a few piping tips, you really don't need a huge collection for creative results from a non-professional. I piped the icing on top in a heart shape and then my middles chose sprinkles.  I also made chocolate chip cookies and my kiddos shaped those into hearts too.  

It's not that hard to make a day special and festive.  It does not even require a lot of money.  All you need is some creativity and love!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.