Wednesday, January 12, 2011

refresh

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jer. 31:25

I had a "meeting" today.  It was the kind of meeting that involved reflecting on what God was doing in my life, what He was showing me recently and dreams and hope for the future.  Not the drudgery, business type of meeting. 

When I returned home, I felt so energized.  I was happy to see my family and gushing with the kind of warm fuzzy feelings that exude joy from within.  I felt this way because I had spent some time focused on other things I felt passionate about.  Many times we over look the need to care for ourselves.

There are examples of Christ taking time away from ministry, away from disciples, so I don't think it's wrong to follow his example.  It does a body good to take time to renew, refresh and re-energize.  Taking tie to renew body and soul protects us from becoming over burdened in the name of self-sacrifice.  There is a time and place for both.

Refreshment is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.