Monday, December 20, 2010

holiday parties

We've had a few parties to attend this season and I love every bit of it.  I know many people feel over whelmed by the seasonal invitations but I think it's a wonderful way to relax and enjoy ourselves.  It's so easy to get caught up in the spending frenzy, even though we love to the spirit of giving gifts, it can feel too hectic.  

Holiday parties give us time to sit back and simply enjoy.  Relax, smile, dance, play games, fellowship, have dessert.  It says you are important to me, I want to actually see you and spend time with you. I love it.

Tonight I had a lot of fun with my husband, attending his theater's annual holiday event.  We enjoyed a fabulously funny sketch show, a little dancing, watching others karaoke the night away (with a live band), laughing and mingling with friends, light conversations and yummy desserts.

Spending the night celebrating with friends you love and care about is a lovely night indeed.

I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.
- - -
Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.