Wednesday, November 3, 2010

thankfulness

1 Th. 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

This is usually the time of year when people make a conscious effort to focus on giving thanks.  

To honor that spirit, a friend suggested a 10 day challenge of not grocery shopping or eating out, in preparation for the feasting of Thanksgiving.  Naturally, since we do not own a farm we will need to purchase perishables but the goal is to use what we already have in the cupboards and pantry.  Also she was challenging herself to not spend more than $40 for that 10 day period.

Our family has accepted this challenge as well.  We are on day three and we did get some groceries yesterday as we were out of all basic essentials. For us the main thing will be not eating out or indulging in fast food.

I am also posting daily, what I am thankful for.  Having a heart of thankfulness is not really that hard.  I can look around me and see so much to be thankful for.  For me the challenge is *showing* my gratitude by valuing what I have and have been given, being a good steward.  This goes for my time and my relationships as well. 
 
I believe a true heart of gratitude results in a much lovelier life over all. You care for those things which you are grateful for.

How are you preparing your heart to celebrate  and honor Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to learn more Blessings. There is a teaching that the Jew should say at least 100 blessings each day. I don't know enough to get anywhere near! Of course though, I can say them in English too. While I was away in Georgia in September I was working on 20 per day but then I fell off the wagon. I need to get back on the wagon and this would be a good month to start. Thanks for the reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.