Monday, November 29, 2010

a small glimpse of sweetness

Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.  Rom 16:19

The time and energy I invest in guiding my children is such a joyous endeavor.  It warms my heart in those moments when I can experience the pay off. It gives me hope for their future.

The other day's glimpse of needed correction is one tiny example of a lifestyle of daily moments that produce this smile you see to the left.  
Kurtis obediently lay on the couch for nap time.  The home did not stop for him, activity tempted him all around.  I have been working on this for awhile and today, a glimmer of hope as he lay there, waiting patiently for his eye lids to succumb to the call of 'mimis'. He did not disrupt the rest of the home and was nicely in sight if there was a need.

I could not resist sharing this moment of sweetness with you.
Obedience is a lovely reward to witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.