Tuesday, September 7, 2010

fall

is one of the loveliest seasons, isn't it? Today, we got an early sneak preview.  It was cool and there was even a drizzle this morning.  It was a perfect day for the homemade chicken soup I made yesterday. It was also a good day for a nice, big, warm cup of tea. But seriously, isn't it always a good day for tea? ;-)

It wasn't particularly cold.  Definitely cooler though.  Almost crisp.

You could feel the cool breezes blow through the summer's open windows.  It isn't time to close them all the way yet, just a little more. We stayed inside most of the day but I did take K for a short walk in the stroller and wore a sweater and a hat.  One from my stash of crocheted hats and scarves. 

I really just wanted to curl up with a big blanket and read a book.  I did read to the middles before bed...that counts right?

I'm looking forward to Autumn. Autumn is my anniversary, older middle's football, orange, red, yellow.  Autumn is... an absolutely lovely season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.