Friday, August 20, 2010

a Lovely theme

Let my teaching drop as the rain, my speech distill as the dew, as raindrops on the tender herb, and as showers on the grass. Deut. 32:2

This is my theme verse for this school year. I have never had a theme verse before.  When I saw this, it spoke to my heart so deeply.  
I want to teach w/ joy. I want learning to happen in lovely ways, not forced with tension. I have ordered some curricula for this next year that I am very excited about using. I hope it allows us to get back to 'ourselves'. The way of learning we enjoy, being in nature, exploring, reading, living a life that promotes learning as a lifestyle.

I have also been applying this verse to my daily life. In speech and thought and action.  It comes to my mind and changes me from the inside out.  I don't want to teach, children or others, by force. I don't want to crush others under the weight of a *teaching*. I don't want my tone to offend.

May my speech uplift and encourage.  May my teaching refresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting...your comments make this space so much more LOVELY.